Feb 21, 2011

On Exhibit: Linda Hartman, Ink on Metal and Mixed Media from March 29 to April 29, 2011




Artist statement

My inspiration for my art is deep rooted and ongoing.  it began as a small child taking nature walks with my gramma.  i gleaned from her cherokee indian heritage the art of beholding the peaceful beauty and harmony in my surroundings. now, as i gather materials to create a work of art, i re-experience subliminally  gramma’s teachings, appreciating those special moments when one stands back from the chaos of our mass media infused world. i am a visual storyteller, an interpreter, communicating with the viewer of my eclectic works of art a small anecdote unique to my life’s experiences.  and, whenever possible, it is my great joy to share how i make my art and guide others on this marvelous journey.

Resume

My art background began as a commercial artist working predominantly as a graphic
illustrator in the early 70’s.  i received my art education from virginia commonwealth university and the university of kansas.  however, i’d say that 90% of the art i explore today comes from the school of what-if!

I've experienced many wonderful and challenging jobs that have helped and influenced
the kinds of art i continue to create and explore.
              
10 years advertising agency art including my own freelance agency
5 years as a general contractor for my own homebuilding company
20 years creating lines for and running my own gift manufacturing company
5 glorious years learning ceramic art, metal art and mixed media

My home base in wilmington, nc has presented numerous opportunities for showing
and selling my creations as I continue to emerge as an artist including:

               spectrum art and jewelry gallery
               sunset river marketplace gallery
               port city pottery and fine craft gallery
               creations by justine gallery
               coastal carolina clay guild shows
               longleaf gallery
               annual arboretum show
               goldsboro invitational
               women’s artist show chapel hill
               down east sculpture exhibition
               whqr show-“echoes of the dream”